For patients contemplating plastic surgery, consider the following topics to research before choosing a surgeon. Whether you are seeking a Los Angeles breast augmentation
surgeon, or you’re hoping to smooth your skin with a facelift, take your time to find out as much as you can about your surgeon and the procedure before making a permanent, life-changing decision.
1) Board Certified Cosmetic Surgeon: While you are choosing your surgeon, narrow down your list by only considering board certified plastic surgeon. There is no law stating that a plastic surgeon must be board certified, so it is up to the patient to guarantee that he or she is being operated on by the most qualified doctor they can find. While all surgeons must be licensed physicians, they do not have to specialize in a specific procedure to practice plastic surgery.
2) Expertise: Because the results are permanent, make sure you choose a doctor who can give you the results you are looking for. If you are seeking a breast augmentation Los Angeles residents should look for a surgeon who performs the procedure at the very least weekly, or, preferably, daily. It is more expensive to correct a bad procedure than to pay for a decent job the first time around.
3) Expenses: As plastic surgery becomes more common among low and middle wage patients, cost ranks as an important factor in deciding on where to get surgery. Check with your healthcare provider to determine if your procedure is covered by insurance. For example, in Los Angeles liposuction may be covered by insurance companies. However, if the procedure you want is not covered, there are alternative forms of payment, that may require the use of a card, inquiring about payment plans, or taking a few months to save for the surgery.
4) Results: While you should never opt for a cosmetic surgery that you can’t afford, it is equally important not to sacrifice quality for cost. When it comes to liposuction Los Angeles patients should understand the risks involved and do their research to make sure there are no regrets with the results. Find out the following before committing to a surgeon: What is their success rate compared with their rate of complications? How much experience does the surgeon have? Would past patients recommend them?
5) Location: Many cosmetic surgeries do not require an overnight stay in a hospital. It is both convenient and important to choose a surgeon close to home so that patients will have someone close available to drive you home. It is also important to choose a surgery center that makes you feel calm and comfortable. Go with your gut instinct.