Why is our hair a crowning glory for majority of women? Well, it just improves our facades that is why some modifications are created to display ourselves well because people are now extra concerned about their appearances. Hair extensions is one of the common example, but what is hair extensions?
The method of contributing commercial hair to natural hair that boosts our self esteem is called hair extensions and it is something many women wish to have but it is important to know the types of extensions that are right for you, how you can take care of it and the pros and cons of acquiring hair extensions initially.
TYPES OF HAIR EXTENSIONS:
· FUSION or STRAND BY STRAND - This technique uses heated adhesive sticks or glue particularly designed for hair extension which is joined about ¼ from your scalp strand by strand in minutel sections and is done in a very long process and will take time but it has to be done on clean washed hair without conditioner so extensions will stick properly.
· CLIPPING - This is most likely the least destructive and simple technique to apply because you only have to clip it into your own hair.
· WEAVING - Is a technique where extension hair is sewn on the tracks which are created on the head and near the scalp.
· BONDING - Is a technique that uses bonding glue into the weft of the hair extension and wefts are leve hair strands attached over the erect flowing hair strands.
HOW TO LOOK AFTER YOUR HAIR EXTENSIONS
Here are several steps to take care of your hair extensions like your real hair:
1. After hair extensions are affixed, you should schedule regular appointments to the salon to check your extensions and the basis of visits depends on the type of hair and the method of attachments the stylist utilized because you should also keep in mind that as your hair grows some of your hair extensions will call for to be removed or replaced.
2. Since extensions don't have natural scalp oils present in human hair, wetting your hair extensions every wash will also help as they become brittle causing split ends if not put out with moisturizer.
3. Always start at the bottom until you arrive at the roots slowly when brushing out the entire knots before bathing or sleeping.
4. Your hair must be clean all the time.
5. Avoid damaging your hair with chemicals.
Advantages of Hair Extensions:
1. Hair extensions are use to conceal thinning or hair loss in a particular area.
2. It adds instant length and volume to their natural hair.
3. It conceals bad hair cut.
4. Provides instant new look for any occasion.
5. It gives freedom to add highlights without applying any chemicals to your natural hair and still looks as if it is your own.
6. For entertainment and personal purposes. Some people like to experiment and do things with their hair.
Disadvantages of Hair Extensions:
1. It doesn't come cheap - If you love a natural looking hair extension with nice quality, you must prepare a sum of money for it, because you need an experienced stylist in bonding the extensions to your hair.
2. They can damage your hair -Your natural hair can be harmed.
3. May cause Headaches - Because of the extra stress to your scalp from the weight of your hair extensions, headaches may develop..
Hair Extensions can be amusing and thrilling, but it is important to understand its significance to you before attaining one.