Planning application migrations is like writing a newspaper article – you need the facts, nothing but the facts to “tell” the story about how migration works. Any Cirtix Web Interface needing migration will always have the involved applications as the central focus. No CIO (Corporate Information Officer) will attempt migration without possessing a very clear and detailed plan with assembled facts about the company’s applications and use without asking questions to discover, reveal or obtain the facts:
Many businesses find the tasks mapping applications with users and devices used to be quite challenging. All sorts of methods tend to be employed using everything including handwritten notes, online websites, whiteboards, spreadsheets and an imaginable scheme in order to attempt at keeping track of what seems to be an always-changing application-used landscape.
- What applications are in use?
- Who are the application users
- What locations are these applications used?
- When are these applications used? Are they used at a permanent desk location? Mobile laptop? Accessed from a regional office on visit or perhaps waiting at an airport?
- Why are these specific applications used? What are the application versions used and why? Does the company employ multiple older versions as well as newer up-to-date ones of certain applications? Could there be an opportunity to conduct a system-wide application update? Perhaps users employ different versions for specific reasons.
- How are applications used? Are they installed on specific PCs or on mobile devices and virtual desktops?
Unfortunately, many businesses rely upon but guesstimates of information or occasional user surveys and possibly personal examination of every PC in order to figure out which applications the organization is using and now what machines they are installed. The whole process can be automated through depending upon Citrix support with its desktop transformation accelerator.
The system will allow organizations and businesses to determine who their users are, what applications are using and what devices they are employing in order to access these applications. Furthermore, user installed applications can be detected as well. Then all the data compiled to be used with the Citrix AppDNA application migration software platform.
For more information, visit http://www.stratospherenetworks.com/citrix-virtual-desktop-enterprise.html and http://www.stratospherenetworks.com/citrix-virtual-desktop-smb.html